The existing Leadership Team creates a nominating committee that facilitates nominations from the congregation for new LT members. Criteria include being a member as well as the Biblical qualities as noted in 1 Timothy 3. After a series of interviews, prayer, and discernment, LT-approved candidates are brought before the congregation for a vote of approval.
- Spiritually discerns church vision and strategy
- Sets, approves church budget
- Sets major events in church calendar
- Works to resolve any conflicts within the church
- Provides accountability, help, resources for Staff
- Oversees the formal members of Cornerstone
The LT will post a monthly report of things the LT has been discussing and working on Cornerstone Connect (sans any sensitive information relating to certain individuals). You can also always ask questions to individual LT or staff members, or send an email to everyone here.
Absolutely! Anyone on LT should be one of the primary points of contact for any issues or questions that may come up for anyone in the congregation. The Pastoral Staff Team is also a resource, of course, but sometimes it is more comfortable for a congregant to approach a lay-leader.