Type the content for this section here. This is just example text to show you what it will look like when you enter text content into this section. Your unique, authentic, and appropriate text will be filled into this section. Once you click into this section, you will see the filler text disappear, and you can begin typing your real content. We’ve simply put in filler text in this area.
Serving Since: Full-Time since 2019 December
Organization: SOON Movement Global
Summary of My Passion/ Ministry:
Throughout my college years at Northeastern University, God shared His heart for His people through discipleship and evangelism. I found greater joy and honor in walking with people’s spiritual growth than anything else. Whether they have been walking with Jesus for years or have never been invited to a personal relationship with Jesus, God continued to place me in people’s lives to journey with them and bring them closer to Jesus. There was also something so special about connecting with people from different backgrounds around the world as I spent many months in different countries. I truly believe that this call to discipleship and evangelism is a call for all Christians. I’m praying that as I disciple college students in their formative years, they will be sent out into their respective fields as missionaries and ambassadors of Christ.
About SOON Movement Global:
SOON Movement Global is a ministry of Campus Crusade for Christ International and an interdenominational ministry committed to spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ everywhere, starting from college campuses. Our mission is helping to fulfill the Great Commission through the power of the Holy Spirit by winning, building, and sending spirit-filled disciples everywhere. We are dedicated to working together with millions of Christian individuals, churches, and organizations all over the world.
- In midst of constant need for ministry and the good work ahead, please pray that I will prioritize stillness, intimacy and simply being with God in my daily life.
- Please pray for students who are exploring faith for the first time. We have many students who grew up at church who are questioning their personal faith as well as students who have never been exposed to Christianity all seeking Jesus in their own ways. Please pray for wisdom in how to walk with them.
- Please pray that our staff team in NY will be united and always attentive to the Holy Spirit’s leading.
If they want to receive my prayer letters, they can sign up through this link.
- April 1994 Deepen and Make Discipleship with campus ministry in Bangkok.
- July 2009 to present we are serving as Community Life Development missionaries in northern Thailand with Bob Shim. It is called “Zera Ministry”.
- June 2019 to present we serve as Asia Regional Coordinator for Serve Globally, the first pioneer Thai couple from Thailand who do pastoral care for missionaries & partners in Asia.
Summary of My Passion/ Ministry:
As my wife and I grew up in Hinduism-Animism-Buddhism communities where the gospel had never been preached. We put our hope in luck and practice a lot of good works. There should be no man could redeem you from sins; but ourselves. The message of a Redeemer, wonderful Counselor, Almighty, Omnipotent, Omnipresent, wonderful Doctor, we did not know that his name is Jesus. How can we know unless someone tells us that Jesus! Our lives became so good. It is a full and meaningful life after we know Jesus. So we wan to tell people about Jesus. So we start Zera Ministry to serve the community by ourselves. Later, God called us to work to serve together with Serve Globally in 2019.
As Asia Regional Coordinator for Serve Globally. Our vision is to:
- see every Covenant congregation become a healthy mission church that pursuing Christ’s priority in the world,
- develop leaders that we are dedicated to serving Covenant ministers through advocacy, endorsement, care, and formation.
- make and deepen disciples of all ages,
- committed to joining God to make things right in our broken world. Love Mercy Do Justice seeks to resource and equip the local churches in its call to love, serve, and work to gather wit people at the margins toward holistic individual, family, and community transformation.
- and serve globally, we committed to a global gospel—participating in god’s whole mission across cultures and around the world. God’s mission is nothing less than the transformation of the world and everyone in it. God has called us to join in, and our missionaries, churches, and international partners have answered the call in faithful partnership.
1. We will be connected with God in leadership in act and example of our role and responsibilities as Asia Regional Coordinator.
2. We start to travel to visit missionaries and partners in Asia. This coming Nov. 16-23 we will go to visit Acts Church with Dwights family. Pray for safety, wisdom, love and care that will lift the church and ministers up in the Lord.
3. Patrick & Tip aim to be train in Lay Counseling Courses. To learn how help leaders, ministers, lay people be mental healed. So healed people can heal people.
4. We need more contact to support financially and prayers for both work with Serve Globally and Zera Ministry in northern Thailand.
We serve primarily as the Asia Regional Coordinators for Serve Globally, a mission priority of the Evangelical Covenant Church. 75% of our time is with Serve Globally and 25% is with Zera Ministry.
Please consider partnering with us in financial giving and prayer as we provide leadership and care to global personnel and our Asia partners. Donation can be made online.
Please designate your gifts to Zera Ministry: The Boonrangs
Serving Since: 01/2023
Organization: OMF International
Summary of Passion/Ministry:
David has served in Japan with OMF in 2003 and 2018. During those times, David’s heart grew for the people of Japan and to share the gospel to them. In 2021, David received a calling to serve long-term in Japan after graduating from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary (May 2022). God has given the passion and love to David so that he can build relationships with the people of Japan, help them understand the gospel in their context and to live out lifestyle evangelism. His hopes is to be acclimated with the language and culture for the first two years and then to see if he can do an outreach ministry by way of teaching and food ministry.
Please pray for David to be close to God as he learns in Japan, to be unified with missionaries of OMF and to have the hearts of Japan be open to the gospel. And also to find a Costco nearby so that he can find turkey meat.
Grace Shim is the executive minister of Serve Globally, the missions branch of Evangelical Covenant Church, and has served in the Covenant since 2003 as global personnel and most recently as co-regional coordinator of Asia with Serve Globally. Her home church is Christ Covenant Church in Villa Park, Illinois. She holds a bachelor of arts in math education from Virginia Polytechnic and State University and a master of arts in counseling psychology from
Trinity International University. She is a licensed clinical counselor and was ordained to Word and Service at Gather in June. Grace and her husband, Bob, have three adult children.